Director Data Management Infrastructure EngineeringCary, North Carolina
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Director of Data Management Infrastructure Engineering will be a key member of the Global Infrastructure and Technology Operations (GITO) Platform Engineering organization responsible for establishing and communicating global data management technology standards, roadmaps and best practices. The Director will be tasked with developing and managing a high performing team that leverages automation, efficient methods and partnerships to adopt new technologies ensuring security and stability across data management platforms.
- Lead a team to define, manage and execute MetLife’s global strategic data management roadmap based on industry standards and best-in-class implementations
- Work with technical lead(s) to set the technical and strategic direction for the data management team.
- Leverage extensive technical and/or business knowledge to initiate and drive a data management technology strategy
- Lead critical, complex initiatives spanning multiple organizations and geographies; coaches and mentors’ managers and team members
- Drive operational excellence and consistency through identification and enablement of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, global leadership, business and IT team members to support time-sensitive, critical projects
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long-term strategy with the urgency of immediate demands
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Previous experience leading teams, creating team health, helping leaders grow in their careers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; Organization, presentation and customer service skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated; Ability to manage multiple priorities; Ability to work and influence peers, team members and senior management
- Proven vision, leadership, and strategic thinking skills with the ability to proactively drive and deliver business plans and projects.
- Well rounded knowledge of IT -background with any of the following- ITIL, DevOps, System Engineering, IT Portfolio Management, ITSM/ITSD
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 6+ years of experience that includes analysis, development, and execution of technology strategies within a complex organization, ideally global.
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations – Engineering
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 113038