Director - Infrastructure AutomationCary, North Carolina Apply
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The inspirational and transformational leader who will evangelize a machine-first culture and attitude across the enterprise. Operate and maintain the next generation of various automation and orchestration platforms, with a focus on debugging, automation, availability, performance, and scale. Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems. Promote and facilitate coordination and cooperation among peers and cross-functional teams. Seek to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service. Use judgment to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom.
- Keep abreast of next-gen hardware and software developments, evaluate alternative approaches and service requirements and recommend initiatives.
- Improve the overall productivity and stability of the IT systems by reducing outages introduced through human variance by automating operational repeatable workloads.
- Establish a strategic, multi-year roadmap for automating workloads within IT Service Operations and collaborate with cross-functional teams to replace processes with automated practices.
- Provide technical leadership for the introduction of technological, procedural or application changes within the computing environment.
- At the highest technical level, analyze complex systems, operational problems or malfunctions, take corrective action and/or coordinate corrective actions with system engineering or vendors as appropriate.
- Evolve current best practices and adopt cutting edge best practices for IT delivery as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field, or equivalent combination of training & certifications
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation and/or operation of automation tool/suite such as IPCenter, 1Desk, Puppet and Chef within a large organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing IT personnel, including full people management.
- 7+ years of experience supporting a large IT data center/enterprise environment, including support of multiple hardware and software platforms and operating systems.
- Leverage behavior-driven development (BDD) and test-driven development (TDD) approaches.
- Track record of strong problem-solving, excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Able to integrate with the managed service providers and vendors.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies across various technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field.
- Experience implementing AI and advanced solutions on the cloud or on-prem within the insurance industry.
- Ability to perform effectively in both independent and team settings, maintaining focus on multiple tasks and projects
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations – Service Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 113529