DevOps LeadCary, North Carolina Apply
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a DevOps Lead to join our DevOps Center of Excellence team which is transforming the way we operate. This role is a hands-on execution role guiding teams to adopt DevOps best practices. You will be partnered with Development/Test teams needing to learn development, build, and test automation best practices. You will be expected to not only set best practices but act as a role model. Success of this role will be based on adoption of key DevOps behaviors (branching, unit testing, build / pipeline automation, test automation execution).
- Assessing the maturity / needs of teams
- Developing and implementing improvement plans
- Provide training, coaching, and direct hands-on effort for teams achieve their automation goals
- Identify new tools & processes to support automation needs
- Hands on integration of new and existing builds, tests, and tools into the DevOps pipeline
- Be driven and inspired to teach and learn (learning culture, curiosity, T-shaped skill mindset)
- Act with a “WE” mindset as opposed to an “Us vs. Them” mentality to get work done (collaboration, ownership mindset)
- Adapt quickly and brings others along in a constantly maturing DevOps environment (continuous improvement, frequent communication)
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of related Agile / DevOps experience
- Experience coaching / mentoring developers on standards and best practices
- Build experience: CI/CD platforms (Azure DevOps, Atlassian, VSTS¸ etc.) including branching strategies, build, and deployment (WebSphere, Docker)
- Experience leading the application development architecture for enterprise applications
- Experience with any of the following: BDD (story writing, Cucumber, and Java automation), Azure DevOps, integrating testing gates into CI/CD pipeline, API testing, decoupling strategies, infrastructure as code (Chef, Ansible), building for failure (Chaos Monkey), consulting, service, or training background
- BA/BS preferred and/or relevant industry certifications
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations – DevOps CoE
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 113373