Lead DevOps Infrastructure IntegratorCary, North Carolina Apply
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a Lead Devops Infrastructure Integrator to join our DevOps CoE team which is transforming the way we operate. This role will be writing and maintaining reference architectures and systems design ‘best practice’ guidelines for environment management and automated server provisioning (VMs).
- .This role is responsible for automating the process of software delivery, and platform provisioning and service changes.
- The role aims at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
- The incumbent will help drive the core tenets of our DevOps culture change.
- Behaviors this person must demonstrate to be considered successful:
- Be driven and inspired to teach and learn (learning culture, curiosity, T-shaped mindset)
- Act with a “WE” mindset as opposed to an “Us vs. Them” mentality to get work done (collaboration, ownership mindset)
- Adapt quickly and brings others along in a constantly changing environment (continuous improvement, frequent communication)
Essential Business & Technical Skils:
- Beginner to intermediate programming skills in PowerShell, Python, or other high-level programming language
- Experience using source code management tools, such as Git
- Backgroundinstalling, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux
- An understanding of basic networking concepts, such as: DNS, subnetting, load balancing, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and distributed systems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- AGILE(preferably) SAFE training or experience
- Experience managing relational databases (RDBMS)
- Experience with software build tools and software deployment tools
- Consulting or service delivery background
Global Infrastructure Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 113372