Lead Systems Administrator - InformaticaCary, North Carolina
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Lead Informatica Administrator to help support and manage the enterprise data integration platforms. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of IT service excellence with operational background managing multiple large scale Informatica implementations. This position will work closely with our business stakeholders as well as other operations and engineering teams to ensure operational stability in a 24/7 high availability environment. This position will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with application development teams and other MetLife support organizations on analysis, design, and implementation for various application and project requests. The Lead Administrator is responsible for providing guidance, direction, and instruction to team members, driving towards the successful implementations of project-based work as well as service delivery related to the enterprise MFT and ETL product suites.
- Performs software upgrades/patches/maintenance to enhance performance and stability of the environment and identifies issues pertaining to data integration activity, i.e. firewall, hardware/OS, Load balancer, application configuration issues, etc.
- Provides operational support for integration technologies ensuring availability, security, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Assists in establishing new and/or expanded support services to meet business requirements and assumes a consultative role to all MetLife business lines facilitating the best method to meet their data integration needs.
- Maintains systems security ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, etc., develops and maintains best method documentation.
- Performs systems administration tasks for complex integration environments and provides advanced level support for operations.
- Functions as a mentor for junior level team members.
- Performs thorough incident analysis, including problem recreation, resulting in resolution of product-related issues and assists with architecture design and implementation of integration technologies.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- The candidate must have proven expertise in supporting a variety of applications and disciplines including but not limited to Informatica product suite (PWC, IDQ, BDM, B2B DX, MDM, PWX, MM, IICS) or equivalent ETL platform (e.g. Sterling Gateway).
- 5+ years IT experience with 3+ years working with Informatica integration technologies.
- Strong knowledge of database technologies and SQL and with a variety of file transmission protocols (SFTP, AS2, HTTPS, FTPS) and knowledge of AIX, UNIX, Linux OS environment, including advanced troubleshooting skills and experience with writing shell scripts (Perl, PowerShell, Python, Korn shell).
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Gateway Applications along with an understanding of PGP and SSL/TLS encryption technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related industry certifications
- Proactive with ability to make decisions, must show initiative to solve problems without detailed direction and ability to drive open action items to completion.
- Experience working in a project manager type capacity a plus with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent organization skills including the ability to multitask and record performance metrics, strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work within a team environment, should possess excellent customer service skills.
- MVS Knowledge is a plus (TSO, JCL, REXX, OPC).
- Experience working with Manage File Transfer products is a plu
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations- Integration Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112759