Manager - Production ManagementCary, North Carolina
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
The Application Maintenance and Support team focuses on maintaining system availability and improving system stability by eliminating chronic and repeat incidents and minimizing their impact on business productivity through effective issue resolution and continuous improvement. The role is an operational leader responsible for the portfolio of applications used to support the Call Center. The successful candidate will build and maintain relationships with business and technology teams to understand the business priorities and ensure delivery of solutions to meet expectations, while guiding a team to its fullest potential using agile practices, such as SAFe, Scrum and Kanban.
- Manage multiple teams of analysts and leads responsible for the delivery of maintenance and support services. Motivate the team and build partnerships across the broader organization, setting the tone for a culture of quality and vision. Encourage an environment where associates are inspired to identify and enable change to enhance the effectiveness of delivery
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders by delivering transparent and trusted communication of issues. Understand stakeholders’ needs and sets expectations for deliverables.
- Coach team on operational values, practices and processes. Assure compliance with departmental policies. Monitor team performance and effectiveness. Promote continuous improvement to maximize productivity. Provide leadership and guidance to identify improvement efforts that increase application stability.
- Active management of engagements as it pertains to delivery of services, prioritization of work and resource requirements, as well as the development of performance improvement plans as needed.
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development. Assist in strategic planning. May participate in development of vendor statements of work, deliverables and Service Level Agreements.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills. Ability to lead and influence others and to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders. Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment. Strong analytical thinking and end-to-end problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
- Finance/Insurance industry experience. Experience working in Agile frameworks like SAFe, Scrum and Kanban. Experience working with offshore delivery partners and third-party vendors
- 8+ years of working experience, 2+ years of management, supervisory, or team lead experience. Experience in production support, application development, infrastructure or technology operations
- PMP, PMI-ACP, ASE, CSM or SSM certified
- Understanding and experience in ITIL framework
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Service Now and Jira Experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112786