User Acceptance Testing LeadCary, North Carolina
Job Location: Cary NCAlternate Location : None
Role Value Proposition:This position will report to the UAT Manager and will be part of the Program Solutions and Delivery group supporting Group Benefits. The PSD Group is responsible for end-to-end execution of all Group Benefits projects as well as Group Claims projects in support of the profitable growth targets in the 3 market segments – National, Regional, and Small – by ensuring that we have proper strategy planning and effective execution plans for a wide variety of initiatives that support those strategies. The UAT Lead will be responsible and accountable for managing End to End UAT activities for PSD projects varying in size and complexity. This role will review project materials, conduct test strategy planning meetings, document and communicate the business end to end testing strategy/plan and manage the execution of the plan through completion.
- Direct accountability for the planning and execution of core project End to End User Acceptance Testing strategies to deliver the priority initiatives required to achieve profitable growth for the business
- Define E2E UAT strategy, roadmap to achieve strategy and align it to business initiatives.
- Champion the End to End testing strategy throughout Business and IT organizations.
- Drive the End to End UAT plan for Group Operations PMO large projects and discussion across the PMO Project Team, UAT Team members and PMO leadership.
- Works autonomously, oversees very large/critical technology projects, typically spanning the entire organization or include various and distinct LOB’s
- Serves as a liaison between the business and IT areas, communicating varied business testing needs.
- Oversees all testing aspects of projects that include various phases and large project teams.
- Provides updates to senior leadership regarding Project End to End Testing status.
- Partner with other PMO areas to build strong working relationships and drive testing improvements.
- Partners with IT QA team in developing an overall testing approach that produces required project results and aligns with business needs.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the supported business functions, workflow, systems and transactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trusted relationships and collaborates across program, project and testing teams to successfully drive end to end testing objectives.
- Drives Results- Sets goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, exceptional results and ensuring high standards.
- Negotiation Skills– Effectively employs negotiation strategies to enable the achievement of desired results.
- Project Management Skills– Effectively initiate, plan, execute, control and close out the work of the team to achieve the goals of the project and fulfill success criteria.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), testing processes and methodologies, and when to leverage each.
- Knowledge of Quality Center
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Global Operations : Sales Support
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition # 112051