LTD Department Accountant/CPATampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, FL USA
Role Value Proposition:
This position is responsible for providing accounting related expertise to MetLife’s Long-Term Disability (LTD) department. This individual will have a critical role in ensuring various calculations and plan interpretations are made timely and accurately. The candidate will need to be able to manage the expectations and interests of numerous team members and key stakeholders and prioritize and manage projects independently.
- Exhibits and is recognized as a high-level expert in accounting principles and practices gained through a series of professional assignments characterized by progressively increasing responsibility and ongoing career development. Such expertise may be concentrated in a specific accounting area or span multiple areas across Accounting.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the organization’s operations and their relationship to the accounting arena. Supports management as a key internal consulting resource. Ensures effective communication with all parties to consulting relationships. May manage projects.
- Acts independently, in concert with short- and long-term business strategy and goals. Management review primarily focused on end results. Errors may cause substantial delay and expense.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- CPA with Audit and/or forensic experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in accounting-related assignments in a public or private company environment.
- Ability to understand business plans and support management through sound financial guidance.
- Superior consulting, analytical, interpersonal, communications, time management, and project management skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate project team members that are not direct reports, as well as providing direction to lower-level staff members.
- BA/BS, preferable in Accounting or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of MetLife’s business, it’s products, the Financial line of business and its clients.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: []