Care Coordinator - Long Term CareTampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
Evaluates long-term care claims and exercises independent judgment, discretion and critical analysis to reach reasonable claims determinations that are in accordance with contract provisions and time service standards.
- Manages assigned caseload with limited supervision.
- Provides timely, balanced and accurate claims reviews, documentation and recommended decisions in a time sensitive and fast paced environment.
- Compiles file documentation requiring extensive policy and factual detail.
- Identifies information and resources needed to make benefit eligibility determinations.
- Communicates decisions to policyholders and or their representatives in both verbal and written form.
- Clarifies and reconciles inconsistencies.
- Conducts in depth detailed information-gathering phone calls that obtain medical condition details and other information.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong Letter writing/Microsoft Word
- 2 years related business experience; claims, customer service, medical, long term care
- High School Diploma
- Strong customer satisfaction focus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- 2 years of disability claims experience.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition # 112868