Clinical Support Consultant- Vocational Rehab ConsultantTampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, FL Alternate: Location: Oriskany, NY, Cary, NC, Virtual
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at MetLife! Please note that after submitting your application, you will receive an email with a link to complete a short online assessment so that we can get to know you better. Once your assessment is complete, and your application has been reviewed, a representative from MetLife will be in touch regarding next steps!
Role Value Proposition:
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you will work with claimants, physicians, employers and customers to ensure strict adherence in determining functional abilities. Provides recommendations regarding claimants’ current/potential functional abilities and develops goal-focused return-to-work plan
- Assesses training needs and creates, authors, and presents medical training to claim and business partner associates.
- Manages assigned caseload of complex cases, applies specialized training/knowledge to assess cases, acts as resource on clinical/technical issues, and performs analysis as part of the audit process.
- Conducts complex research and analysis of medical and claims information.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field
- 4+ years clinical experience.
- CRC (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor) designation.
- 7+ years Disability claims and/or clinical experience.
- Disability claims experience
- Preferred designations CCM (certified case management) and/or CDMS (certified disability management specialist).
- Possess strong knowledge of medical conditions, symptoms and terminology.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
"At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112623