Long Term Disability Claims SpecialistTampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide exemplary customer service by processing a case load of 90 – 100 group disability claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Claim Specialists are responsible for timely and accurate communication, information gathering, and rendering decisions on Long-term Disability (LTD) claims to which they have been assigned according to provisions of LTD certificates.
- The job entails communicating with a variety of constituents (for example, claimants, doctors, nurses, employers, and attorneys) to gather information relevant to rendering decisions based on the provisions of the policy.
- Use appropriate systems, tools and resources to research and document claims.
- Develop action plans and identify the Likely Claim Progression including identifying the return to work potential.
- Adhere to HIPPA guidelines as well as all State and Federal Law and Regulations such as ERISA
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of disability claims or customer service experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain quality
- Render appropriate claim decisions pursuant to certificates.
- Clarify functional capacity through problem solving measures (gathering medical, vocational, and other information, efficient use of resources, and action planning) sufficient to determine initial and ongoing liability.
- Adhere to federal and state law to maintain appropriate and timely claim outcomes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to influence return to work, discuss terms of the certificate, and the basis for payment/non-payment.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: []