Manager - Long Term Disability ClaimsTampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, FL Alternate Location : None
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address customer needs and core business challenges within MetLife. This role will manage the activities and outcomes of disability claims professionals, instilling quality customer focus, and identifying efficiencies.
- Plans, implements and oversees activities for assigned team of 4-8 LTD Unit Leaders and 30-100 LTD Claims Specialists to ensure an effective, efficient, and profitable operation.
- Resolves complex or highly escalated customer issues.
- Builds and manages effective partnerships with both internal and external customers.
- Provides future vision of success and related requirements for ongoing process improvement.
- Integrates customer needs with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Fosters the creation and execution of operational metrics that drive accountability and results while ensuring compliance to regulatory and timeliness standards.
- Articulates the financial impact associated with claims management, resource utilization, staffing, productivity, quality assurance, claim inventory, process design and controls, customer service and overall expense management relative to the business.
- Leads and/or participates in functional teams for continuous process improvement.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of disability claims experience.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- High School diploma.
- Strong customer satisfaction focus.
- Catalyst for change to elevate team’s performance.
- Fosters innovation and identifies process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor's degree.
- STD, LTD, clinical and industry knowledge preferred.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112999