Technology Liaison IITampa, Florida
Job Location: United States: Florida: Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This position is part of the Enterprise Finance Reporting – Solution Management team, reporting to the Director of the group. We are seeking a Project Lead- Coordinator to assist in leading both large and small initiatives involving our report development team. You will be a key member of the solution management team. You will assist with key projects that involve delivering financial reporting solutions to various MetLife entities and partners across the globe. You will be required to work closely with business partners and developers across the globe and manage documentation from inception through deployment. MetLife Finance uses several Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and reporting tools including but not limited to Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (OBIEE+), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Planning (HP), PeopleSoft (PS), Qlik Sense and Hyperion Essbase. We are looking for someone with familiarity with these or other reporting tools.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with Program Directors
- Provide proper project reporting such as tracking by Release % complete
- Manage key records for project teams and maintain documentation library. Includes final decisions, key deliverables, access rights, and proper document organization
- Maintain resource plans and project resource information for proper coordination and escalations
- Meet with business customers to analyze, determine, and document business reporting requirements
- Coordinate intake of new project and business as usual requests
- Oversees medium to large projects and/or phases of projects of larger scope
- Determines specific requirements to address complex business needs
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Work with little or no supervision managing complex workload
- Ability to work with cross-functional, multi-location, multi-language teams
- Laser focused on details and highly organized
- Drive resolution of escalated project issues
- Maintain supporting project documents
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledgers and/or Oracle EPM applications (Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management and/or Financial Close Manager), and/or OBIEE a plus.
- Strong MS Office experience (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 4 years project management experience
- Proficient with project management concepts such as Scope, Communication, Financial and Risk Management practices
- Detailed knowledge and/or experience with technology concepts and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (i.e.: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, etc.
- Experienced with financial management and documentation library management
- Experience working with Project Portfolio Management tools
- Hands on experience with MS Visio
- Experience working with Service Now
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112708